INRS
A Semi-AU 'THE 100' Roleplay
Open Threads ►

Welcome to It's Not Rocket Science!

Both canon and original characters are welcomed unless Murphy does not like you! We are a no word count just try to spell better than Murphy, freestyle shipper, application, semi-au roleplay set in the fictional universe of The 100 were the awesomeness of murphamy totally exists. Inspired by the CW television series and Kass Morgan books. Our site has been around since June 2015!We have yet to get floated!

The site is a liquid timeline, meaning you can do threads wherever you want within the sites timeline Especially Murphamy ones. Only thing we ask is that you try not to go ahead of the latest events in the site plot, which is to the end of Season 3 currently. You can play out scenes from the show, or you can go off and do your own thing. You have the freedom to do as you please. As Bellamy Blake puts it: "Whatever the hell we want!"

The question is...
How far will you go to survive or protect the ones you care about?

Add Reply
New Poll

Rules, Updated February 2017
Aurora
 Posted: Jun 15 2015, 07:29 PM
Aurora
Admin
Played by myself
- 1081 posts -

Admin / Penguin Tamer
25 years old
- I love you! -
Do people even read these things? God, I hope not. Enjoy all of my word vomit. YOU'RE WELCOME.

• Excitable • Huggable •
• Derpy • Breaks Things •

user posted image

Site Rules

Whatever the hell we want! ... sort of.

Even Bellamy realised some rules were needed in camp. So, here are our site rules which ensure we don't fall into chaos. Please read though and make sure you understand them all perfectly.

Rules Directory:

Great wall of text! We've broken down the rules into categories below for easier reading. Don't be shy to ask staff questions to clarify anything you're unsure of! There's usually always someone in the chatbox to help ♥
PMEmail
^
Aurora
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 04:18 AM
Aurora
Admin
Played by myself
- 1081 posts -

Admin / Penguin Tamer
25 years old
- I love you! -
Do people even read these things? God, I hope not. Enjoy all of my word vomit. YOU'RE WELCOME.

• Excitable • Huggable •

General

• Openly attacking, harassing, or manipulating other individuals on the site will result in a warning once proof is presented. After three warnings an immediate ban will be put into place. More severe behaviours may result in an instant ban. Any hate or degrading comments regarding a roleplayer or character’s sexuality, race, religion, gender identity, or personal interests will be treated similarly. Absolutely no mistreatment of other players will be tolerated on the site.

• We will not allow members to harass other members for posts or responses - in the Cbox, on forum, or over chat (if such harassment is reported). It's Not Rocket Science will and always will be a relaxed pace site, and we will not tolerate such behavior. We have a monthly activity check at the beginning of every month, but anything outside of that is completely at your own pace to post.

• The base rule of any roleplay – we here at INRS expect there to be mutual respect between everyone on the site. This should be shown in all interactions on our site, from the cbox to plotting and games. Maintain patience and consideration whenever possible. Should a disagreement arise, we request it be kept off of the forum and out of the Cbox/ICC until those involved can sort out the issue. Staff is always open to helping out in these cases and will remain impartial in any argument.

• While staff are significant for a roleplay, it is truly the members that make the forum. Appreciate those who join, show attention and give them space to create. Be nonjudgmental. Roleplaying is an odd hobby as it is - additional judgement for playing characters or situations differing from your own preference should be nonexistent. Allotment is made for everyone to write however they wish to write here on INRS, and considering the previous rules, that should be respected.

• We are an R-rated site, which "may include adult themes, adult activity, hard language, intense or persistent violence, sexually-oriented nudity, drug abuse or other elements, so that parents are counselled to take this rating very seriously." Additionally, we ask that members tag their threads appropriately if they do contain content which could be considered mature or a trigger warning. Use [M] or [TW] in the thread titles. The show did have scenes of torture, gruesome murders, attempted suicides and rape. So while we don't mind these things if everyone plotting is on board, we really would like to keep threads marked as such for those uncomfortable to avoid them. Thank you!
PMEmail
^
Aurora
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 04:19 AM
Aurora
Admin
Played by myself
- 1081 posts -

Admin / Penguin Tamer
25 years old
- I love you! -

• Excitable • Huggable •

Registration & Getting Started

• Before you register with characters, please register with your Alias (OOC) account first. Example: Aurora, then Raven Reyes. Please use correct capitalisation. Grounders use first names only, all other member groups also have surnames.

• Please check the Face Claims to make sure the character surname you want is not in use (CTRL + F for easier navigation). While we understand more than one family unit can share the same surname in real life, we would like to disallow multiple uses for non-related characters to avoid confusion.

• There's an unspoken etiquette around having an account registered and a WIP app up being enough to claim a face, but reserving a character on our Face Claims ensures that face is yours 100%. Show characters will need reserves on the Canons.

• Characters are not allowed to be under the age of fourteen (14). We also don’t allow anything of a sexual nature (smut) for characters under the age of seventeen (17). So please, don't do it.

• All members get 3 characters free! Absolutely no requirements are needed to apply them.

• There is no character limit, just be sure you can meet monthly activity checks with them all. Creating a 4th character and onwards will need the following:
    • Five in-character posts on all current characters.
    All current characters have at least one (1) active post from the past week (Post proof will be required once the application is completed).
• Once admins have looked over an application, it will be moved to pending before it will be approved. Characters must fill out their mini-profile in the control settings and add an avatar. This is where all mandatory claims will need to be completed before we will approve too.

• Characters can have up to two main occupations which contains the majority of their knowledge and skills, but they can also have knowledge and skills in other occupations. However, the rule is they cannot be as knowledgeable or as skillful as someone who has that as their primary occupation. We also disallow two overpowered occupations. Check out the Occupations Claim for more details.

• It is only one child per family for Sky People (Delinquents and Arkers). Siblings are meant to be rare occurrences on the Ark (and highly frowned upon/will suffer severe penalties if discovered). That being said, we also want our members to have the opportunity to use this as part of their stories. Which is why we have put a limit in place. Check out the Siblings Claim to see if there are any siblings available.

Pregnancy plots do not need to be run by staff first, you're completely fine to do them. Just keep in mind not everyone will want them or want to be involved with them. We do require both members (Mother and father) of the pregnancy to be fully on board before any are created.

• Main plot line altering ideas will need to be run by staff first for approval, such as natblidas (night bloods) or sky people coming to earth before the delinquents/arkers.

Optional. Try to keep the ratios even. If you have a female already, consider making a male next. Additionally, please consider making a different group member from the ones you already have. We want to have a variety of sky people, grounders and mountain men for more main plots! This is not a requirement, if you're comfortable with just one member group or gender stick with what you prefer!
PMEmail
^
Aurora
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 04:19 AM
Aurora
Admin
Played by myself
- 1081 posts -

Admin / Penguin Tamer
25 years old
- I love you! -

• Excitable • Huggable •

Posting

• Our timeline is Liquid Time, meaning we have a flexible time scheme. Your character can be in multiple threads and places. As long as your ability permits, you can have many simultaneous threads! We post in the site plot any upcoming main plot developments for your character to participate in so don't miss out!

• There's no word count, but we do ask for you to try to match what the other member posts. Please give your fellow players something sufficient to respond to! We do prefer quality over quantity.

• Grammar isn't scrutinised here. We don't care if you make a typo. A few members here have English as their second language. It helps if you run your posts through a spell checker first but it's completely optional.

• No god-modding or power-play. It shouldn't have to be said, but please get permission to do anything - moving, speaking for, etc. - to another person's character. For instance, if Jasper and Clarke were threading together at the dropship and Jasper left, Clarke would have to ask permission in order to say he came back because he forgot his goggles.

• Do whatever you want with your characters plot. They have free reign on this site. Think of the consequences of your characters actions, if you think they might affect the main site plot, talk to us first to get it approved!

Character deaths are totally okay, you're more than welcome to create a character with the intention of killing them off in the future. We have a special member group to move deceased characters to preserve their threads and posts. Once moved to that group they will become unplayable. Their face claim will be available for others to take once the character is deceased, as will their names. If the character was a canon, their death will not be part the main site plots and the canon will become available again for other members to take on.

• Give your character realistic weaknesses. No one is perfect! (ex: an ark born, unless a guard with weapons, can't take down a whole group of reapers on their own.) Flaws really give a character life, it can be difficult to play with a perfect 'can't do no wrong' character.

• You can write your posts in any kind of perspective. If you have a preference over 1st, 2nd or 3rd person more just go with whatever is easiest for you to write in! If it is out of 3rd person, just run it by the other person you are roleplaying with to double check they are cool with it too.

• This is an R-rated site. Some content will need to be marked with [M] and [TW] to let other members know they contain mature content or possible trigger warnings. If you're unsure it's best to just tag it. Better tagged unnecessarily than not!

• To get a thread moved/pinned/archived, request a character deletion or any other staff-related help; you can get that in the Staff Tasks Thread [HERE].

• doHTML is enabled in all forums. Please double-check your codes! We may ask for posts to be edited if the code breaks the site.

• If you are having a problem with another member, even if it seems small or insignificant, report it to staff with screenshot proof. Problems can sometimes have a snowball effect and turn into something bigger than necessary. Having a paper trail for staff to see everything that has been going on will help us to help you resolve this. We want nothing more than to have everyone enjoying the site and not having to deal with any outside drama. Its definitely no fun for anyone when drama is brought up outside of the plots!

• Remember that, above all else, roleplaying is a hobby. It is meant to be fun!
PMEmail
^
Aurora
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 04:20 AM
Aurora
Admin
Played by myself
- 1081 posts -

Admin / Penguin Tamer
25 years old
- I love you! -

• Excitable • Huggable •

Canons

• Playbys used in the show are reserved for canon and minor characters only. Canon faces and names cannot be changed, but if a member decides to take a minor character they can change the face and name for those.

• Members are allowed to take a maximum of two canons. Though they are allowed to take as many minor characters and original characters as they can handle. (Just keep in mind the posting requirements after 3 characters)

• Canons must be active. We expect monthly posts and at least two posts per month. We may ask you to drop the character if we feel you are not keeping up with posts.

• They must participate in the monthly activity checks. If we feel you are only posting them in activity checks to save them with no other posts we may ask you to drop them.

• Site plot mostly follows along with the TV Series plot, while a few changes may be made here and there we do expect canons to follow along too. Character deaths won't happen unless the member wants them to. Workarounds can be made for plots. Check out the Site Plot for changes.

Minor characters are not canons, their playby's are open and they are treated more like original characters. So while they should be active they aren't required to be (unlike canons). Having said that, they do still need to participate in Activity Checks or alert staff with an updated absence.

Future plots are listed under the canon's summary and are planned site plots either based on the show or our own ideas. This gives you an idea of what's to come for that character.

• Show romances are not listed as they might or might not happen depending on members who play those characters. As much as we love show ships they don't necessarily need to be what happens on site. Please don't take a canon expecting romance plots, contact the other canons in question beforehand.

• Original characters can create relative or romantic ties with Canons but if the canon is dropped and a new member takes them on, they are not obliged to have the same plots or ties. Just keep that in mind if you decide to do this. It's best to ask Admins first, since some may be rejected if we have too many requests. For example; blood relatives to the Azgeda's royal family. Roan has enough siblings now, but more distant relatives could be possible.

• Original characters cannot take plots from canon characters. They can however, do similar plots after the canons have done theirs. For example, grounder reapers can be fully treated after Lincoln has been detoxed. Characters can try to sneak into Mt.Weather after Bellamy has. City of Light members can attempt to fight back A.L.I.E. after Raven has. Things like that (Site is liquid timeline, so your thread could happen before theirs, but timeline-wise it would be after their event if that makes sense).
PMEmail
^
Aurora
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 04:20 AM
Aurora
Admin
Played by myself
- 1081 posts -

Admin / Penguin Tamer
25 years old
- I love you! -

• Excitable • Huggable •

Graphics

• Please only use playbys that are famous/celebrities such as actors/singers/performers. We also request that they are human (this means no cartoons or anime, etc.)

• Give credit to the sources you used for your graphics. If you are using someone else's code please don't remove their credits without permission.

• Avatars can be a maximum 250px in width by 400px in height.

• Application image is 550px in with by 410px in height. Other images on the application are 250pxx400px or three 250pxx125px (Perfect for gifs). Images will auto resize to fit.

• We have a few templates available for use on the site. The only mandatory templates is the application and claims, the rest are merely suggestions. Though we'd prefer you use our templates to keep up the site aesthetic, you are free to use others as long as they do not break or stretch the site.

• We don't really use signatures on this board, but you can if you really want to!

• If you need help with some graphics, feel free to request some. Other members in our coding & graphics forum would be more than happy to help, or look out for some from graphics resource boards like Caution.
PMEmail
^
Aurora
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 04:21 AM
Aurora
Admin
Played by myself
- 1081 posts -

Admin / Penguin Tamer
25 years old
- I love you! -

• Excitable • Huggable •

Site Chatbox (Cbox)

It's Not Rocket Science is based off of the show/book series The 100 and content is subject to change and divert from the original work's story arc. Be mindful of latest season spoilers (for both the tv show and book series) while in the chatbox.

• Guests are encouraged to speak up in our Cbox, but members should not bombard them and scare them to bits! We were all newbies at one time, treat them with love and help them get started! A little kindness will go a long way.

• Treat others as you wish to be treated. Kindness and respect is a must; keep the drama in plots! PM a staff member if you are having trouble with another member. Additionally, you can contact Aurora if you have problems with any of our staff. If it's Aurora you have problems with, PM her all the abuse. Please provide us screenshot proof so we can deal with it thoroughly.

• Please do not spam or advertise in the Cbox. This includes linked chat aliases.

In Character Chat (ICC)

All characters from any member group are welcome to join ICC and play with other members characters. Try to be inclusive of everyone joined, nobody likes to be a third wheel.

• The ICC is a semi-neutral zone (meaning no killing but fighting can happen sometimes). The location can be based wherever characters want it to be based - usually it's within the forests nearby a river. It's not really based on any main site plots, so characters are free to test out their own ideas and site plots within it. Get a feel for characters and their relationships.

• Before you start playing in ICC, you must have your application accepted and all mandatory claims posted. We require at least one in-character thread posted before jumping into ICC.

Events might take place in the ICC on specific days, overriding the location or timeline. Clear notifications will be made beforehand and at the top of the ICC box.

• We want to make it clear the ICC is for group playing, so everyone joining should be able to be included in any plot that's going on in there. If you are looking to play without interruptions, please use the a more private form of communication.

• No god-mod or power-play. It shouldn't have to be said, but please get permission to do anything - moving, speaking for, etc. - to another person's character. For instance, if Murphy and Raven were ICCing together and Murphy wanted to punch Raven, he would have to ask permission or imply he is about to swing at her and allow Raven the option of engaging or being able to get out of the way. Of course we want things to be realistic, but some members may want to avoid violence like this so its best to just ask them beforehand if its cool to play it out with their charrie.

Optional. Character's can get colored names added to their character through the Claims Forum. It will make any reference to them light up in their group member color. Default is black for all other members who don't post requesting it.

• Be careful how detailed you get. Mature content will be allowed but nothing too wildly inappropriate. Anything that you would consider as [M] or [TW] should stay out of the main ICC. By all means, use a private chat for more mature fun =)

• If you see anything which makes you uncomfortable please contact an Admin! We are very lenient with the ICC and don't enforce rules unless someone comes to us about anything specifically.

• No children under 14 are allowed in ICC (So no NPC kids of characters) - you're welcome to use the private ICC. Animals are fine but if they cause a problem for members we may ask you to remove them.

• Please do not spam or advertise in the ICC.
PMEmail
^
Aurora
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 04:21 AM
Aurora
Admin
Played by myself
- 1081 posts -

Admin / Penguin Tamer
25 years old
- I love you! -

• Excitable • Huggable •

Activity Check

• Activity is an odd thing in roleplay, and we stress that real life should always come first. At the first of each month we post an activity check which will last one week.

• It is absolutely mandatory for all members to participate. Away messages will save characters for one activity check, but they will need to post on the next one.

• Away messages should be posted up before an activity check to let us know you might not make the upcoming one. If you cannot make an current check, please contact staff ASAP through AIM or Site PM. Not contacting them or leaving it until the last minute before the activity check closes will not be acceptable.

• If new members miss their first AC, they'll just be sent a warning with a heads up on when the next one will come around.

• Every character requires one post proof from the past three (3) weeks from when the check is posted to be saved. Characters will also have the week of the activity check to get any posts in before it end.

• New characters which are created a week before the check or any time after that will not need post proof, but will still need to post. Just post them with [New Character] somewhere beside their names.

• You can edit your own post to add or change your characters during the activity check. Once it has ended staff will update the lists with the results and the topic will be locked. Members cannot post on behalf of other members.

• Members who are deleting characters will be archived and playbys become available at the end of the activity check. For Canons, staff may auto-reserve them for other members when they become available. PM admins with your interest of a canon if you notice there's a chance it's becoming available soon.

• Once the activity check ends characters that didn't make it will be archived. We don't believe in deleting anyone's characters/content so if you do decide to archive your characters, or just missed the activity check, it's really not that hard to unarchive! You can get characters unarchived over in the Member Services forum.

• December is busy enough IRL for people with the holiday season and all, so we plan to not have any Activity Checks around that time. Will make it an announcement closer to time.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Back to Basics | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D The 100 Role Play 1SW
UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Relashio! The Hobbit Roleplay
Age of Heroes
deadmentellnotales
Tagging
// @Name - [*url=link]thread title[/url*]
Can be used to tag someone or advertise a wanted/open thread!
Distant Fantasies Shadowplay A New Dawn: The galaxy is yours a resource community Welcome to the Ground AAL
SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

CHATBOX
ICCBOX